Ingredients and Method
Lasagne’s tend to have less carb than other pastas, as less pasta is actually used.
1 cup brown lentils, cooked
300g ostrich mince
1 clove garlic, optional to taste
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oreganum
(or mixed herbs instead of basil and oreganum)
1 tsp sugar
1 x 410g tin of canned tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato paste
( or premade bolognaise tomato mix)
6 sheets lasagne
Ina Paarman or woollies low fat cheese sauce
Small amount of grated gouda or cheddar
- Cook the lentils.
- Brown the mince, and garlic
- Add the herbs, tomato based sauce and cook well
- Add the lentils and heat through.
- Lay the meat, lasagne and cheese sauce.
- Top with some grated cheddar or gouda.
For simplicity you can use premade low fat cheese sauces (eg Ina Paarman or Woolworths), as well as premade tomato based sauces.
You can also completely replace the mince with lentils, and add beans if you wish. Butter beans work well in this recipe.