Hard Labour 6/10
Skill level 3/10
Time needed 1 Day
You will need
- Annie Sloan paint, colour Emperor’s Silk
- Annie Sloan Clear Wax
- mutton cloth
- paint roller (or paintbrush) and tray
1. Clean the fridge thoroughly with a wet cloth, ensuring that all the dirt and grime is removed. Sand any rusted spots with 180-grit sandpaper and seal with a water-based paint for extra protection.
2. Mask off any areas you don’t wish to paint with masking tape, including the rubber strips along the edge of the door.
3. If you’re using a sponge roller, dilute the paint with a little water. Apply at least three coats, waiting for the paint to dry thoroughly in-between each application.
4. When the paint is dry, apply Annie Sloan Clear Wax with a mutton cloth to seal it. Buff with a clean cloth and rub until it’s shiny and smooth.
5. Remove the masking tape and polish any chrome sections with the Clear Wax until shiny.